The importance of a sound environmental monitoring program cannot be overstated. It’s a required verification program for GFSI programs such as BRC, SQF, and IFS; it’s a fundamental part of your HACCP plan’s prerequisite programs; and in addition the final FSMA rules to be released by the FDA this year are expected to include new requirements pertaining to these programs. This course is intended to be part of an effective employee training program which keeps employees up to date on the latest techniques and helps ensure your company meets these evolving regulatory and customer requirements.
Students will learn how to identify common sampling deficiencies and how to use a variety of tools to develop an effective monitoring program. The course covers a wide array of relevant topics, including:
- The latest FSMA regulations pertaining to environmental monitoring
- Objectives of environmental monitoring
- How to choose appropriate sample methods
- Aseptic sampling techniques
- How to protect the integrity of collected samples
- How to interpret data for possible contamination trends.